Dine on scrumptious dishes and luxuriate in our picks for the highest foods and drinks festivals and occasions going down round Houston in March 2023.
Texas-sized Rodeo fare, a pageant celebrating crawfish season succulence, and a grasp chef throwdown that includes all issues truffle-y.
These are simply a few of the scrumptious culinary happenings you’ll be able to look ahead to in Houston this March.
Right here’s all the pieces you must know to eat and drink effectively this month:
High 12 Meals & Drink Festivals & Occasions in Houston This Month: March 2023
- The Ranch Saloon & Steakhouse at NRG Park | Tuesday, February 28 to Sunday, March 19 – Berg Hospitality is bringing again its sit-down eating expertise, The Ranch, to this yr’s Houston Livestock Present and Rodeo. The saloon and steakhouse sits on the southwest nook of NRG Astrodome, rocking two separate eating experiences—the extra informal, first-come, first-served saloon with inside eating and a coated out of doors patio and principal bar; and a proper steakhouse, the place company could make reservations to dine prematurely. The group can also be debuting “The Ranch After Darkish,” a nightlife expertise with DJ tunes and a reside music stage from 10 pm to shut. Costs and instances differ.
- Heights Crawfish Competition at Resurrection Metropolitan Neighborhood Church | Saturday, March 4 | No Cowl – The Better Heights Space Chamber of Commerce is bringing again its annual Crawfish Competition, a family-friendly occasion that includes native outlets and distributors, a Youngsters World, reside Zydeco music, an Idol of the Heights contest, chilly beer, and engaging crawfish. 11am to 6pm.
- Holi Supper by Chef Anita Jaisinghani at Pondicheri | Saturday, March 4 – The Higher Kirby restaurant hosts a particular Holi supper by Chef Anita Jaisinghani, with a number of programs served in communal seating, highlighted by experimental menu choices punctuated by wealthy, spicy notes and that includes wildlife of the native space. Reservations are $5; $75 per individual. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Let’s Discuss Womxn presents Gold Glamour Gourmand Bash at Caracol | Sunday, March 5 – Kicking off Girls’s Historical past Month, volunteer-based collaborative motion Let’s Discuss Womxn is internet hosting a “Let’s Discuss & Have fun” Gold Glamour Gourmand Bash that includes 24 restaurateurs. The night will function Houston hosts Sharon Haynes, Alli Jarrett, and Tracy Vaught as they honor Girls’s Historical past Month and Worldwide Girls’s Day with ample meals, energy cocktails, and leisure. $100 per individual. 6pm to 8pm.
- Sunday Brunch on the Champion Wine Backyard | Sundays from March 5 to March 19 – Over on the Houston Rodeo, the Champion Wine Backyard will host a themed brunch every Sunday morning all through the season. Friends can anticipate particular leisure, bubble flights, and culinary brunch-style delights from totally different meals vehicles. Costs differ. 10am to midday.
- The Truffle Masters on the Revaire | Monday, March 6 — Hosted by Houston-based luxurious meals importer and distributor DR Delicacy, the Truffle Masters invitations the town’s high cooks and eateries to face-off with their finest truffle dishes, all to lift funds for the Houston Symphony. Friends will benefit from the bites alongside musical stylings from Houston Symphony artists, with this yr’s competing cooks together with Michelle Wallace (b’tween Sandwich Co.), David Skinner (Eculent), Luis Roger (MAD/BCN), Billy Kin (5kinokawa), Benchawan Painter (Avenue to Kitchen), and extra. $295 for basic admission; $395 for VIP (early entry at 6pm) with desk sponsorships obtainable. 7pm to 10pm.
- Seltzerland: A Onerous Seltzer Tasting Competition at Submit Houston | Saturday, March 11 – Followers of the bubbly can head to Submit Houston for a Saturday afternoon occasion tasting from greater than 100 distinctive laborious seltzers from massive and small manufacturers alike. Held outside, you’ll additionally be capable of participate in video games like seltzer pong, lemonade ladder, golf and cornhole, plus take pleasure in DJs, picture stations and free swag. $49 and up. Periods held at 11:30am to 2pm; 3:30pm to 6pm.
- seventh Annual Hootenanny at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | Saturday, March 11 | FREE – Eureka Heights is dusting off its cowboy boots for the return of its Rodeo season favourite occasion, the annual Hootenanny. Count on daytime two-stepping alongside music from nation artists Libby Koch and the Sellers, bbq goodness from Deckle and Cover, artisan distributors, video games, and the discharge of its beloved Golden Buckle Cream Ale. 1pm to 6pm.
- 2023 OMG Meals Fest at Midtown Park | Saturday, March 11 – This hip-hop meals pageant options DJs and bands enjoying old-fashioned, rap and hip-hop alongside a lineup of tasty meals distributors, providing eats like tacos, boudin, turkey legs, bbq, and extra. $8; free for ages 8 and underneath. 2pm to 10pm.
- Rodeo Whiskey & Wine Competition at Massive Brothers Massive Sisters | Saturday, March 18 – Get in your rodeo gear for the 2023 Rodeo Whiskey & Wine Fest, that includes whiskey and wine tastings, tasty bites from gifted cooks, reside leisure and extra on the Massive Brothers Massive Sisters location on Washington Avenue. A portion of the proceeds will probably be donated to the Cease Human Trafficking Initiative. Tickets have to be bought prematurely. $80; $250 for VIP, with early chook pricing obtainable. 4pm to 7pm.
- Tomball German Heritage Competition in Previous City Tomball | Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26 | FREE – Tomball’s annual German Fest fills the streets with greater than 200 distributors rocking antiques, arts and crafts, and extra; plus cultural music, avenue performances, a Heritage Middle, and engaging German fare, pageant eats, and beer and wine. The weekend-long occasion is family-friendly and free to attend, with free parking and a shuttle service on Saturday and Sunday as effectively. Instances differ.
- 4th Annual Crawfish Cook dinner-Off at Cactus Cove | Saturday, March 25 – The Timbergrove bar and grill celebrates the standard mudbug with its fourth annual cook-off, full with chilly beer, video games and reside music. Canines and kiddos are welcome at this afternoon crawfish bash. $35 for entry, limitless crawfish tasting, a Individuals’s Alternative vote, bar entry and extra. 1pm to 5pm.