Dine on scrumptious dishes and luxuriate in our picks for the highest food and drinks occasions going down round Houston in January 2023.
Houston is kicking off the brand new 12 months in a scrumptious approach, rocking happenings from hangover-curing New 12 months’s Day brunches to an après-ski type cheese occasion on the patio.
Plus, the return of annual hits together with a fiery sizzling sauce competition and beer & chili cookoff.
Right here’s all issues tasty taking place in Houston this month:
Prime 10 Meals & Drink Occasions in Houston This Month: January 2023
- Southern New 12 months’s Day Brunch at Rainbow Lodge | New 12 months’s Day, Sunday, January 1 – Rainbow Lodge will probably be serving its well-known Southern-style brunch menu, that includes black-eyed peas. Dig into smoked duck gumbo, grilled chimichurri-rubbed breakfast ribeye & eggs, shrimp & white cheddar grits, and $2 mimosas till 3pm. Costs fluctuate. 10:30am to 3pm.
- Bottomless Hangover Brunch at Hull & Oak | New 12 months’s Day, Sunday, January 1 – Positioned on the latest resort Downtown, the Laura Lodge, sizzling Southern-inspired restaurant Hull & Oak is providing a New 12 months’s Day cure-your-hangover brunch to kick off 2023. Company can get pleasure from two brunch gadgets, black-eyed peas for good luck, and bottomless drinks with selection of Southern favourite John Dalys, signature mimosas or housemade Bloody Marys. $75. 11am to 2pm.
- Return to Life Brunch Buffet at Caracol, Hugo’s, and Xochi | New 12 months’s Day, Sunday, January 1 – H-City Restaurant Group stunners Caracol, Hugo’s, and Xochi are recognized for his or her decadent Mexican brunch buffets, which you’ll get pleasure from on New 12 months’s Day with Mexican classics like chilaquiles, migas, huevos a la Mexicana, tostadas, chile rellenos, ceviches and extra. $42; $15 for little one, plus tax and gratuity. 11am to 3pm.
- Raclette Social gathering on the Patio at Montrose Cheese & Wine | Saturday, January 14 – Head to Montrose Cheese & Wine for an après-ski type Raclette Social gathering on the patio. Company can oooh and ahhhh as a full wheel of cheese will get scraped onto their plates, which embody potatoes with caramelized onions, cornichons and baguette slices. $22; $26 with charcuterie. 1pm ’til offered out.
- Hop Subject World’s Annual Chili Cook dinner-Off at Equal Elements Brewing | Sunday, January 15 – Style by chilis and luxuriate in Equal Elements craft beers at this annual chili cook-off, held in Second Keep off Harrisburg. Normal admission consists of limitless chili samples, a swag bag for early chook tickets, and a token for voting. $18. Midday; judging begins at 2pm.
- Cooks for Paws at C. Baldwin Lodge | Sunday, January 15 – Annual fundraising dinner Cooks for Paws is again to rejoice one other 12 months of saving lives. Company can get pleasure from a seated, multi-course dinner from a few of Houston’s high cooks and eating places—together with Alyssa Dole, Sasha Grumann, Graham Laborde, Paul Qui, Tim Studying, and extra, with all proceeds going to Rescued Pets Motion’s lifesaving mission. $250 and up. 5pm to 9pm.
- seventh Annual Hops ‘n’ Sizzling Sauce Competition at Humble Civic Heart | Saturday, January 21 – Sizzling sauce fans ought to try the seventh Annual Hops ‘n’ Sizzling Sauce Competition, that includes Spindletap Brewery and enjoyable occasions just like the Sizzling Pepper Consuming Contest and Spicy Meals Consuming Problem. Take part for limitless samples of sizzling sauces, salsas, seasonings, jellies, jams, pickled merchandise, and extra; get pleasure from eats from fashionable meals vehicles; and sip Spindletap brews. The occasion is family-friendly and coated. $10; free for ages 12 and underneath. 11am to 5pm.
- Yaga’s Chili Quest & Beer Fest on the Galveston Island Strand | Saturday, January 21 – The 14th Annual Chili Quest & Beer Fest returns to Galveston’s Historic Downtown Strand District for a day filled with, you guessed it, chili and beer. Eat your weight in chili samples from the very best cookoff groups round, then sip and stroll by 70+ brews and spirits from 1pm to 4pm. Chili tasting is $13; Beer tasting tickets are $35 and embody 24 2-ounce samples and 4 spirit samples. Midday to 4pm.
- A Barrel Aged Night at Saint Arnold Brewery | Friday, January 27 – Company can get an unique glimpse contained in the Saint Arnold Barrel Room and luxuriate in a plethora of barrel aged beers from its cellar. Admission consists of samplings of 11 barrel aged beers, two straight-from-the-barrel tastings, open bar pours from its common lineup of suds, a heavy appetizer buffet, memento glass, Barrel Room tour, and 500 mL bottle of Vanilla Mocha Bourbon Barrel Dedication Imperial Stout to take house. $80. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Charity Prix Fixe at Etoile Delicacies et Bar | All month lengthy – As a part of its month-to-month charity sequence, the Uptown Park French restaurant is bringing consciousness and serving to to lift funds for Houston Habitat for Humanity, which works to supply a good life for deserving households and people, all January lengthy. Chef Philippe Verpiand has created two particular prix-fixe menus with a portion of every going to the charity. Dinner menus are 4 programs for $74, plus tax and gratuity; Brunch menus are three programs on Saturdays and Sundays for $38, plus tax and gratuity. Instances fluctuate.