Tel: + 33 6 04 52 16 55
E-mail: [email protected]
TechnoVision 2023: Proper the know-how, write the long run
This 12 months’s flagship tech traits report equips leaders to make transformation choices that will profit their enterprise and society
Paris, January 23, 2023 – Capgemini at this time printed its 2023 TechnoVision report ‘Proper the Know-how, Write the Future’, highlighting the highest know-how traits to assist leaders reply a number of the key questions they’ve when making technology-driven enterprise transformation choices. The report makes “a name to motion” to be conscious of the elevated shortage of assets. It is additionally the primary of its sort with AI-generated visuals all through.
With each enterprise now being a know-how enterprise, tech is infused into all enterprise situations. But in 2023, the vary of choices to select from is extra overwhelming than ever earlier than, in areas as numerous as artistic / generative AI, cloud, edge computing, the Web of Issues, AI, clever course of automation, autonomous techniques, the Metaverse, Web3, and even biotechnology and quantum computing. TechnoVision is a framework that helps enterprise leaders, CIOs and know-how practitioners navigate key know-how traits and make good selections, from a enterprise worth perspective, but in addition from the broader views of sustainability or ethics.
The proper technology selections with a optimistic societal impression
With an elevated stress on assets (vitality, water, uncooked supplies, chips, dependable provide chains, low-interest cash, expert expertise), TechnoVision 2023 makes a plea for choosing the appropriate know-how options and innovation initiatives that not solely contribute greatest to the organizational future but in addition have a transparent, optimistic societal impression.
“TechnoVision 2023 affords actionable solutions to a number of the key questions enterprise leaders, CIOs and know-how practitioners have each time making technology-driven enterprise transformation choices: whether or not we goal for resilience and agility, new methods of development, sustainability, frugality, or doing issues in another way, we all know know-how is an integral, indispensable a part of the equation.” mentioned Pascal Brier, Chief Innovation Officer at Capgemini and member of the Group Govt Committee.
Created by Capgemini’s Know-how, Innovation and Ventures (TIV) council, TechnoVision leverages a global community of specialists who monitor, assess, synthesize, and deploy know-how evolutions throughout numerous domains. The 2023 version stays true to its imaginative and prescient: a trusted, accessible, insightful and actionable information that helps in making the appropriate selections and devises technology-enabled enterprise methods and transformation plans.
Seven traits highlighted this 12 months:
- Web of twins: Enabling completely different simulations of various sorts of objects that talk collectively, comparable to automobiles interacting in site visitors, requires the interconnection of digital twins with the appropriate supporting protocols, which turns the Web of Issues (IoT) into an Web of Twins. This twin community can be key to decreasing the complexity of operational challenges, simply exploring and testing options, and converging digital and real-world experiences.
- No leaders: On the earth of token-enabled, tamper-proof international entities known as DAOs (decentralized autonomous organizations), distribution of energy is collective and ‘heterarchical’: cooperation with out subordination to central management, solely specializing in worth creation and reaching joint functions. DAOs result in distinctive, light-weight but strong governance fashions, with a bunch of dedicated contributors, pushed by frequent values.
- Web Ø information: Knowledge is essential to delivering net-zero ambitions, however information itself must be sustainable: the battle towards information waste is on. For this, companies must construct abilities, instruments, and tradition to measure, forecast, and act on their emissions ranges throughout the entire worth chain. Collaboration with their provide chain ecosystem is essential to entry dependable information, particularly scope 3. It’s a matter of being smarter about what information is de facto wanted, selecting up the search towards information waste, and realizing that ‘large’ information isn’t at all times ‘higher’ information.
- Little inexperienced app: Engineering purposes should be much less demanding when it comes to assets and vitality, but in addition with superior efficiency. Software program doesn’t devour vitality or emit dangerous discharges by itself. The difficulty is with how software program is developed to be used – after which how it’s used.
- My indusattempt, my cloud: Clouds which can be particular to a specific business, area and even area, convey collectively all a company wants for its sector-specific actions, neatly packaged as ready-to-use, but adaptive information, options, and infrastructure companies. When leveraged in a stepwise method, business clouds convey advantages when it comes to speed-to-market, value and useful resource discount, accelerated development, and regulatory compliance, whereas additionally capturing business greatest practices and driving collaboration between business companions.
- Inventive Machine: the fast breakthrough of generative AI fashions supplies tantalizing alternatives to deal ‘out of the field’ with the shortage of individuals, even when it comes to knowledge-intensive and inventive work. Nonetheless, to totally leverage this spectacular AI augmentation, a renewed give attention to AI ethics can be indispensable.
- Do good, do much less, do properly: Not every part that’s technologically potential is socially fascinating. As tempting as know-how enterprise initiatives might sound, lots of them demand a substantial amount of vitality, time, and scarce pure assets. Take into account the entire social, moral and environmental impression of initiatives and search for know-how that actively advantages societal functions.
The complete report is obtainable right here: https://technovision.capgemini.com/right-the-technology/
The precise addendum for resolution makers is obtainable right here: https://www.capgemini.com/insights/research-library/technovision-2023-trends-for-business-decision-makers
Capgemini is a world chief in partnering with firms to rework and handle their enterprise by harnessing the ability of know-how. The Group is guided on a regular basis by its objective of unleashing human vitality by means of know-how for an inclusive and sustainable future. It’s a accountable and numerous group of over 350,000 group members in additional than 50 international locations. With its robust 55-year heritage and deep business experience, Capgemini is trusted by its shoppers to handle your complete breadth of their enterprise wants, from technique and design to operations, fueled by the quick evolving and modern world of cloud, information, AI, connectivity, software program, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 international revenues of €18 billion.
Get The Future You Need | www.capgemini.com